Network Processors and Merchant Silicon Solutions
MicroCode Design and Development for Multi-core Network Processors and Integration of L2/L3 and MPLS Software with Silicon from Broadcom, Marvell, Cavium and others.
Data Plane – The Heart of a Networking Solution
A key part of any networking/communications item is the accuracy, conservativeness and effectiveness of sending in the Data Plane. The execution and achievement of a Networking Product relies upon the execution of the sending plane. The sending plane in most networking items is executed in equipment utilizing one of the accompanying techniques:
- Merchant Silicon such as Broadcom or Marvel.
- An off the shelf Network Processor such as EzChip, Xelerated (now Marvell) or Cavium.
- Processors Designed with Network Processing Cores such as TenSilica.
Every one of the above solutions have their own points of interest, and the choice that drives the arrangement of decision to a great extent relies upon different factors, such as:
- Flexibility and Programmability
- Bandwidth Requirements
- Feature Requirements
At last, the choice is driven by the Use Case and the Market the item is sent in.
Vesture Softtech Offerings
The Vesture Softtech team spends significant time being developed of sending plane solutions. We comprehend the basic nature this part plays in the achievement of your items. We offer finish structure and improvement administrations for a wide assortment of Switching Silicon Merchants and Network Processors.
We additionally perceive that with the end goal to build up the best solutions, our team not just needs to comprehend the structure of the chipsets or NPUs however we likewise need to comprehend the whole networking ecosystem. This infers our designers are specialists in networking domains such as:
Expertise in NPU Programming
- L3 Routing Protocols (OSPF / BGP / IS-IS / L3 VPN)
- MPLS and Related Technologies (PWE3 / L2 VPN / L3 VPN / VPLS)
- L2 Protocols (Eth OAM / LACP / STP / QinQ and others)
- Multicast Technologies (PIM-SM / PIM-SSM / PIM-DM / IGMP)
- Service Plane Applications (Firewall / NAT / JFLOW / IPSec / Lawful Intercept etc)
- Quality of Service
Experience with following NPUS
- Packet Buffer Support
- Micro Engine Programming
- Flow Based and Route Based Packet Forwarding
- Flow Offload Models
- Designing TCAM lookup Tables
- Multiple Pipeline Stages and Interfacing with Accelerators
Off the Shelf Network Processors such as:
- EzChip NP3 and NP4
- Xelerated (Marvel) X11 and HX-330
- Netlogic (Broadcom)XLR and XLS
- Cavium Octeon Multicore Processors
- Broadcom (Chipset and SDK)
- Marvell (Chipset and SDK)
- Experience with Switching Silicon and SDKs
As an example Blitz can assist our clients in the following areas:
- Implement forwarding plane for L2 / L3 / MPLS Switching with linerate performance
- Develop classification methods and queuing models to implement QoS with shaping and policing of traffic
- Design a failover mechanism in the forwarding plane to achieve sub 50ms switchover of traffic